The Woodhouse Learning Disability Hospital, Cheadle, Staffordshire
The Woodhouse provides a pathway of learning disability services set in a quiet, private setting. Located in Cheadle, Staffordshire, the town enjoys excellent facilities and amenities with a wide range of shops, cafes and a leisure centre. The area provides a more relaxed local environment to enable patients to engage in their therapeutic programme. The Woodhouse is centrally located and is only 75 minutes by car from Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham.
The Woodhouse provides a range of small, bespoke units for men across the low secure and locked rehabilitation pathway and links to step down services within the community.
“I feel so reassured knowing my son is in your care”
Parent of Service User at The Woodhouse
Low Secure Hospital
Hawksmoor provides a small 8 bedded low secure hospital for those requiring an environment of physical security because of their risk. Individuals may then step down into:
Locked Rehabilitation Services
Learning Disability Services
- Lockwood provides a ward based unit of 10 beds which delivers assessment and treatment services and for those where it is appropriate, preparation to step down to a smaller living environment which more closely resembles an ordinary living environment, in:
- Farm Cottage – a 3 bedded cottage where independent living skills can be developed.
- Woodhouse Cottage – a 3 bed cottage, again enhancing the development of daily living skills.
Autism Specific Services
- Moneystone unit provides 8 beds for assessment and treatment of people with autism who present with significantly challenging behaviour.
- Whiston is a 6 bed unit for people with autism. Where appropriate individuals from both units may step down to:
- Highcroft – a 4 bedded house designed to facilitate the development of daily living skills.
A discharge route into the community is then available through Lighthouse’s The Woodlands Enhanced Social Care Service.
“The staff here have been fantastic”
Parent of Service User at The Woodhouse
The Woodhouse can offer
- Locked rehabilitation placements
- Individualised and intensive packages of care
- Step down to Enhanced Social Care Services such as The Woodlands in Wolstanton
The service is specialist in providing care for individuals with:
- Sexual offending histories
- Forensic Histories
The hospital is able to accept patients detained under the Mental Health Act, including Restriction Orders.
The service is available for men who are:
- Stepping down from secure care and require a period of rehabilitation before moving into the community
- Are currently living in the community who due to crisis require a period of rehabilitation to enable them to return back to their home environment
Full Multi-Disciplinary Team
The service is staffed 24/7 by a dedicated team of nurses and support workers. A holistic, psychosocial treatment programme is provided by a full multi-disciplinary team which includes; Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Occupational therapist and Speech & Language Therapist.
The Woodhouse benefits from an integrated team of Therapists, Activity and Education professionals which means that there is a real emphasis on individually planned structured therapeutic and activity based work to enable people to be better developed for move on to less restrictive environments.
Treatment incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways keeping length of stay to a minimum
- Treatment delivered following My Shared Pathway
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Care planned psychological therapies
- Access to at least 30 hours of meaningful activity 7 days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
The services at The Woodhouse aim to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in mental health and patient symptoms
- Effective management of behaviour
- Reduction of risk
- Preparation for successful community living
- Good physical health
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Social Inclusion
High Intensity Service at Kingsley Apartments, The Woodhouse
Our Award winning High Intensity Service is being rolled out to Staffordshire delivered at The Woodhouse hospital in the new Kingsley Apartments, which will offer four bespoke single person apartments. To download more information about the High Intensity Service at the Kingsley Apartments click here
To discuss the residential care and treatment services at this hospital in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: The Woodhouse, Lockwood Road, Cheadle, Staffordshire ST10 4QU - MAP
Tel: 01538 755623
Simon Reed, Hospital Manager | email@example.com
Would you recommend The Woodhouse?
We'd like to know if you'd recommend The Woodhouse to friends or family members if they needed similar care or treatment.