The Cottage - Specialist Residential Service for adults with Learning Disability / Challenging Behaviour in Lincolnshire
The Cottage Enhanced Social Care Service provides care for adults aged over 18 years with a learning disability, autistic spectrum disorder and/or complex conditions such as mental health problems, challenging behaviour, personality disorder and autism.
The Cottage is for those individuals who:
- Are currently or have previously been in hospital or specialist services and require further support to progress to a more independent living setting
- Are currently living in the community who due to crisis require a period of person centred intensive care and support in a community based service
The Cottage forms a key part of Lighthouse Healthcare’s pathway of specialist learning disability services in Lincolnshire, which includes a locked rehabilitation service; Healthlinc House and Enhanced Social Care Services; Healthlinc Apartments and Chesterfield House.
Specialist service for individuals with learning disability
The Cottage Enhanced Social Care Service provides a homely and spacious environment that replicates domestic living to encourage individuals to be responsible for maintaining their own living space and to support the development of daily living skills. Set within its own grounds in a quiet residential area the four bedroomed house has a lounge, a kitchen and bright and airy dining room and conservatory. Outside there are private rear gardens and patio areas.
Access to Multi-Disciplinary Team
As part of the Healthlinc pathway of services The Cottage benefits from the availability and support of a multi-disciplinary team if required, including psychiatry services, psychology, social work, SALT and OT. Also, should a short period of hospital care be required during times of crisis this can be provided in the Healthlinc Hospital.
The service is staffed 24/7 by the registered manager and a dedicated team of support workers.
Treatment incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways keeping length of stay to a minimum
- Treatment delivered following My Shared Pathway
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Care planned psychological therapies
- Access to at least 30 hours of meaningful activity seven days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
The Cottage aims to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in mental health and patient symptoms
- Effective management of behaviour
- Reduction of risk
- Preparation for successful community living
- Good physical health
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Social inclusion
- Dignity and respect
A Local Service for Local People
The Cottage has been designed to provide a balanced combination of both shared and private living spaces which replicate domestic living to encourage individuals to be responsible for their own space and development of daily living skills.
Situated in the Lincolnshire village of Welton, The Cottage is close to a number of local amenities and is a relaxed local environment that provides an ideal setting for individuals who need a community based service t help them gain the confidence and skills they need to enable them to move towards greater independence.
The Cottage is situated within 20 minutes’ drive of Lincoln city centre and around one hour’s drive away from Nottingham, Doncaster and Hull.
- Primary diagnosis of a Learning Disability
- Associated complex needs linked with their Mental Health, Autism and challenging behaviour
- Require a structured environment in a community based setting
- May present a level of challenge that more traditional services struggle to cope with
- May have a forensic background
- Transitioning from hospital care
- Break down in current supported living or placement
Typical patient profile for The Cottage- Intensive Residential Service
Male and Female Service
Typical patient profile accessing our intensive residential service:
Typical referral route:
We provide a detailed assessment and structured support to enable the individual to move back into a community based service
To discuss the Enhanced Social Care Service at The Cottage in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: The Cottage, 31 Norbeck Lane, Welton, Lincoln LN2 3JP - MAP
Tel: 01673 860119
Charlean Thaiss - Service Lead | email@example.com