Healthlinc Apartments - Community based registered Care Service, Welton
Healthlinc Apartments form a key part of our pathway of learning disability services in Lincolnshire, which includes a Healthlinc House a locked rehabilitation apartment based service and Enhanced Social Care Service - The Cottage.
Healthlinc Apartments Enhanced Social Care Service provides nursing and care services for adults aged 18 years and over with learning disability, autism spectrum condition and/or complex conditions such as mental health problems, challenging behaviour, personality disorder and autism.
Replicating Domestic Living
The Apartments provide a homely and spacious environment that replicates domestic living to encourage individuals to be responsible for maintaining their own living space and to support the development of daily living skills. Set within its own grounds in a quiet residential area the apartments have 6 ensuite bedrooms and two communal lounges with patio doors opening out onto the rear gardens, a kitchen and bright and airy dining room. Outside there are private rear gardens and patio areas with seating for individuals to enjoy and also to take responsibility for growing their own vegetables and flowers if they wish.
We offer three levels of service at The Apartments for those individuals who:
- Are currently living in the community who due to crisis require a period of person centred intensive care and support in a community based settled service
- Want to avoid hospital admission but have a high support need requiring a structured environment and intensive care and support
- Are currently or have previously been in hospital and require further support to progress to a more independent living setting
Full Multi-Disciplinary Team
As part of the Healthlinc Pathway of services the Apartments benefit from availability and support of a full multidisciplinary team, including psychiatry services, psychology, social work, SALT and OT. Also, should a short period of hospital care be required during times of crisis this can be provided in the Healthlinc Hospital.
The service is staffed 24/7 by the registered manager, a dedicated team of registered nurses and support workers.
Person Centred care incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways
- Care delivered and reviewed following My Plan
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Access to meaningful and stimulating activity 7 days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
The Apartments aim to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in quality of life
- Greater choice, control and independence
- Effective management of behavior
- Reduction of risk
- Good physical health
- Improved self-esteem and self worth
- Social inclusion
- Dignity and respect
Local Service for Local People
Healthlinc Apartments are part of a learning disability pathway of services for men and women, located in Welton, Lincolnshire.
Healthlinc Apartments is an Enhanced Social Care Service situated in the Lincolnshire village of Welton. The village of Welton itself has a number of local amenities and is a relaxed local environment that provides an ideal setting for individuals who need a community based service to help them gain the confidence and skills to enable them to move towards greater independence. Welton has a regular bus service into the city of Lincoln and is around one hour’s drive away from Nottingham, Doncaster and Hull.
Typical patient profile for Healthlinc Apartments
Male and Female Service
Typical patient profile accessing our intensive residential service:
Typical referral route:
We provide a detailed assessment and structured support to enable the individual to move back into a community based service
To discuss the Enhanced Social Care Service at Healthlinc Apartments in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: Healthlinc Apartments, Cliff Road, Welton, Lincoln LN2 3JN - MAP
Tel: 01673 861775
Charlean Thaiss - Service Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org