Field House specialist learning disability hospital for women, Alfreton, Derbyshire
Opening Summer 2017 Field House is a locked rehabilitation hospital for women with a learning disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and complex needs such as personality disorder and challenging behaviour.
The service is staffed by a dedicated team of registered nurses and support workers. A holistic, psychosocial treatment programme is provided by a full multi-disciplinary team experienced in working with women which includes; Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Speech & Language Therapist and Social Worker.
The hospital is able to accept patients detained under the Mental Health Act, including Restriction Orders and is available for those who are:
- Currently living in the community who due to crisis require a period of rehabilitation to enable them to return back to their home environment
- Stepping out of secure care, PICU or and require a period of rehabilitation before moving into the community
- Wanting to move to a hospital closer to their home area
The hospital is able to accept patients detained under the Mental Health Act, including Ministry of Justice Restrictions, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, or on an informal basis.
The aim of the service is to allow women to engage in a treatment and rehabilitation programme to enable them to move on successfully into the community within identified timescales.
The structured person centred programme of care delivered within a small, homely environment in the heart of the community allows women to actively engage and participate in the community, developing meaningful social networks, managing risk and developing robust coping strategies.
An overview of Field House
Field House is situated within walking distance of the market town of Alfreton, Derbyshire where local amenities include shops, recreational and religious facilities. The town provides a quiet local environment where the women can actively participate in their local community as a core part of their programme.
The homely service provides 8 single bedrooms with en-suite facilities. All bedrooms have television points. Field House has two spacious and comfortable communal lounges along with a large conservatory/ activity room which opens on to an enclosed garden with beautiful views over the Derbyshire countryside. Field House has a separate dining room, rehab kitchen and a utility room with laundry facilities.
There are separate safe visiting areas for children.
Treatment incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways keeping length of stay to a minimum
- Treatment delivered following My Shared Pathway
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour support strategies
- Care planned psychological therapies
- Access to at least 30 hours of meaningful activity seven days a week
- Discharge planning on admission
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
The service at Field House aims to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in mental health and patient symptoms
- Effective management of behaviour
- Reduction of risk
- Preparation for successful community living
- Good physical health
- Improved self-esteem and self-worth
- Social inclusion
Progress towards outcomes is measured using the Life Star and HONOS alongside a number of individually agreed assessment tools.
About Field House
Field House is located in Alfreton, in Derbyshire within the East Midlands.
Alfreton is close to motorway networks and only half an hour by car from Nottingham and Sheffield and an hour from Macclesfield, Leicester and Stoke-on-Trent. The town is served by regular train services to/from Liver pool, Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham.
To discuss Field House in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: Field House, Chesterfield Road, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7DT - MAP
Tel: 01773 838150
Angela Kemsley, Hospital Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org