Bradley Woodlands Low Secure Hospital, Bradley, Lincolnshire
Specialist Low Secure Learning Disability Service
Bradley Woodlands provides a low secure treatment and rehabilitation service for men and women with a learning disability and complex conditions such as personality disorder, mental health problems and autistic spectrum disorders. The environment at Bradley Woodlands is a key element of the service model. Care is provided in a range of small, gender-specific apartments. These allow the rehabilitation programme to be delivered in a domestic environment which replicates community living more closely than a ward environment. Thus providing essential evidence for planning and implementing discharge pathways, in the least restrictive environment and to positively manage risks.
A Structured Treatment Programme
Treatment incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways keeping length of stay to a minimum
- Robust risk assessment and management
- Treatment delivered following My Shared Pathway
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Care planned psychological therapies
- Access to at least 30 hours of meaningful activity seven days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
As well as good communal facilities and visitors areas, the service benefits from recreational areas including a gym, outside gardens, games room, activity and therapy areas.
The service is staffed 24/7 by a dedicated team of nurses and support workers. A holistic, psychosocial treatment programme is provided by a full multi-disciplinary team which includes; Consultant Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Speech & Language Therapist and Social Worker. In addition, we have dedicated GP sessions in the Hospital, and visiting opticians, chiropody, dentist and dietician.
The Bradley Pathway
Bradley Woodlands forms a key part of Lighthouse’s learning disability care pathway across Lincolnshire which includes locked rehabilitation and enhanced social care services.
This enables individuals to progress in their journey to greater independence in the least restrictive environment as possible in a timely manner to keep lengths of stay in secure care to a minimum.
The service at Bradley Woodlands aims to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in mental health and patient symptoms
- Effective management of behaviour
- Reduction of risk
- Preparation for successful step down
- Good physical health
- Improved self esteem and self worth
- Social inclusion
About Bradley Woodlands
Bradley Woodlands Low Secure Service is located in Bradley, near Grimsby in North East Lincolnshire. Bradley is just 90 minutes by car from York, Sheffield and Mansfield. Bradley Woodlands provides a safe and secure, therapeutic environment for men and women with a learning disability and complex conditions such as personality disorder, mental health problems and autistic spectrum disorder.
To discuss the facilities at this learning disability hospital service in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: Bradley Woodlands Low Secure, Bradley Road, Bradley, Grimsby DN37 0AA - MAP
Tel: 01472 875800