Bradley Apartments - Specialist learning disability residential service, Grimsby
Bradley Apartments Enhanced Social Care Service provide services for adults aged over 18 years with a learning disability, autistic spectrum disorder and/ or complex conditions such as mental health problems, challenging behaviour, personality disorder. We are also able to support young people transitioning to adult care.
We offer three levels of service at The Apartments for those individuals who:
- Are currently living in the community who due to crisis require a period of person centred intensive care and support in a community based service
- Want to avoid hospital admission but have a high support need requiring a structured environment and intensive care and support
- Are currently or have previously been in hospital and require further support to progress to a more independent living setting.
Specialist service for individuals with learning disability
Located on the first floor of the Bradley Woodlands complex this specialist learning disability service has its own separate entrance with reception, visiting areas and private gardens.
The robust apartment based living environment has been designed to replicate domestic living as closely as possible, allowing individuals the opportunity to experience having their own “front door” and be responsible for planning their own meals, shopping, cooking meals and budgeting.
The five apartments are either for 2 or 3 individuals, 14 in total, and each apartment provides a bedroom with en-suite facilities for each person and shared kitchen, dining and living spaces.
Access to Multi- Disciplinary Team
As part of the Bradley Pathway of services in North East Lincolnshire, the Apartments benefit from the availability and support of a multidisciplinary team if required, including psychiatry services, psychology, social work, SALT and OT. The service is staffed 24/7 by the registered manager, a dedicated team of registered nurses and support workers.
Person Centred care incorporates the following elements:
- Individually tailored recovery and rehabilitation pathways
- Care delivered and reviewed following My Plan
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Access to meaningful and stimulating activity seven days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multi-agency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway
The Apartments aim to deliver the following outcomes:
- Improvements in quality of life
- Greater choice, control and independence
- Effective management of behavior
- Reduction of risk
- Good physical health
- Improved self-esteem and self worth
- Social inclusion
- Dignity and respect
- Successful transition to independent living
About Bradley Apartments
Bradley Apartments is situated in the village of Bradley three miles south west of Grimsby. The village benefits from a number of local amenities including a leisure centre and is a relaxed local environment that provides an ideal setting for individuals who need a community based service to support them to gain the confidence and skills they need to move to progress to greater independence. There is a regular bus service from Bradley to Grimsby and Bradley Apartments is situated within a 15 minute drive from Grimsby town centre.
Bradley is easily accessible by car from York, Sheffield, Doncaster, Hull, Lincoln, Leeds, Rotherham and Wakefield.
Typical patient profile for our Bradley Apartments- Specialist Residential Service
Male and Female Service
Typical patient profile accessing our specialist care service:
Typical referral route:
We provide a detailed assessment and structured support to enable the individual to move back into a community based service
To discuss the Enhanced Social Care Service at Bradley Apartments in more detail, arrange a visit or make a referral please contact:
Janine Strange, Key Relationships Manager | Tel: 0800 954 2497
Address: Bradley Apartments- Specialist Residential Service, Bradley Road, Bradley, Grimsby DN37 0AA - MAP
Tel: 01472 875807